COP22 Side Event: "The Green Climate Fund Today: Progress and Challenges"
The session will start by providing a short overview of the current status of play of the GCF. A group of panelists, including representatives from the Board of Directors, the Secretariat, accredited entities and civil society, will be asked to share their perspectives on these matters.
November 15, 2016 from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
UNFCCC Climate Change Studio, COP22 (Marrakech).
AIDA, Asia People’s Movement on Debt and Development (Philippines), Heinrich Böll Stiftung North America, Oxfam, IPS, Friends of the Earth US, Germanwatch, PACJA and ActionAid USA.
The event will assess the progress to date and the main challenges faced by the Green Climate Fund, from the viewpoint of various actors involved in the process.
The session will focus on the following issues:
- Approved projects and programs
Achieving country ownership
Role of stakeholders in GCF activities.
- Moderator: Lidy Napcil, Regional Coordinator, Jubilee South Asia/Pacific Movement on Debt and Development.
- Panelist 1: Clifford Polycarp, Country Operations Dialogue Manager, GCF Secretariat.
- Panelist 2: Colin A. Young, Chief Executive Officer, The Environment, Sustainable Development and Climate Change and Board Member from Belize.
- Panelist 3: Andrea Rodriguez, Senior Attorney, Interamerican Association for Environmental Defense (AIDA).
- Panelist 4: Pradeep Kurukulasuriya, Head of Climate Change Adaptation Programme, UNDP Wangare Kirumba.
- Panelist 5: Wangare Kirumba, Coordinator, National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), Kenya.
- Panelist 6: Benedict Libanda, Chief Executive Officer, Environmental Investment Fund of Namibia.
For further information, please contact:
Andrea Rodríguez at firstname.lastname@example.org